Conversations matter and so does the preparation we do for those conversations.
While it’s no surprise that preparation is important, what is often forgotten is that different types of conversations require different types of preparation.
Depending on the conversation, we might need to:
• Prepare for what we want to say;
• Prepare for what we want to ask;
• Prepare to respond to what we might be asked;
• Prepare to ask for something we want;
• Prepare to listen to others;
• Prepare to build a relationship;
• Prepare our mindset or attitudes so that we are able to listen and respond in the way we want to.
It’s being specific in your preparation that really makes the difference.
How else do you prepare?
Are you concerned your communications skills may be holding you back?
Contact me now to arrange a free Zoom consultation to find out how you can uncover the internal factors that may be holding you back and implement strategies for changeI work with senior leaders, emerging leaders and entrepreneurs who want to develop exceptional communication skills. I offer executive coaching, workshops and training designed to help you, or your team communicate with clarity, confidence and conviction.